Re: Strange mail/list behaviour?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 08:43:39AM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 10:53:03AM -0500, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> > Colin Marquardt <colin@marquardt-home.de> writes:
> >
> > > And good typography would have *either* a parindent *or* a blank
> > > line, never both.
> >
> >      Nonsense!  Decent typography requires both.  Any editor or mailer
> > that doesn't support both is badly broken.
>
> i like full block. i beleive it is cleaner, and easier to read.
> this means that every single line starts right at the leftmost column.
> to address, from address, salutation, greeting, paragraphs, everything.
>
> there are varied styles, and people will use the one that is best for

... yes.

Personally I like inverted-indent blocks. Seems a nice logical way to
  me of showing clearly that the line follows the previous line. In
  fact I seem to recall that many configuration file formats use the
  same principle to indicate a continuation.

Of course, this is all about personal choice - what looks good, and
  seems very logical to me, will be laughed at by others. So please
  can we stop being big-headed, biggotted and arrogant... there is
  no right and wrong. (Sorry, John that't not directed at you!)

--
Regards, Paul