Re: Recent Woody upgrade, TeTeX, XFree86, and Mozilla

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 04:44:02AM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> So, which of the various tet-tex packages do I bug report?

I'm not sure. Try grepping for mktexlsr or texhash in
/var/lib/dpkg/info/t*.p*

> Does lintian check this sort of violation? (I could then figure it out
> from my .deb cache)

I don't think it does. (It would seem hard to check for such a thing, too)

> Does apt-get log its activity?

Not automatically.

> > > Well, I don't know where you get the "not tiptop" from. The Progeny
> > > release has a working psm and the release in Debian doesn't. Which one is
> > > not "tiptop"?
> >
> > It's a 9 MB package that takes over 26 MB of disk space to install, surely
> > that's not the best way to package it.
>
> Let me put it this way. Currently the unstable release of Mozilla is 0 MB,
> the available replacement for this package is 26 MB and produces actual
> functionality that the 0 MB package doesn't. Which would you rather have.
>
> Or yet another way: The stable version is 9 MB but can't communicate with
> my bank, but the 26 MB version can. Is 15 MB such a large price to pay?

You do understand that I agree with you? :) My comment was about not being
tiptop, I said it's fine for unstable...