Re: Well done on new devel pages

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Josip Rodin wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 11:50:09PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> > The new devel part of the website looks great!  Well done all.
>>
>> My impression is that they look a bit funny when I use lynx,
>
>I know. Considering it's year 2001 already, you ought to start thinking
>about switching to a browser that is capable of displaying a HTML feature as
>important and as widely used as tables are. Take links and w3m for example --
>both of those are included in a stable Debian release, can parse tables and
>frames, and are considerably smaller to download and install than lynx is.

galt@locutus:~$dpkg -s lynx
Package: lynx
Section: web

galt@locutus:~$dpkg -s links
Package: links
Section: web

galt@locutus:~$dpkg -s w3m
Package: w3m
Styatus: unknown ok not-installed
Section: text

Lynx is Priority: standard is why.  If you think lynx is outdated, fine:
take action to change the priority scheme.  Until then, it seems only
logical that www.debian.org looks good to the standard Debian browser.

--
void hamlet()
{#define question=((bb)||(!bb))}