Re: Perl essential ?

Then have those packages predepend on perl (or whatever) and have done
with. I think that Essential should be packages no (sane) system can do
without and nothing else. Perl should definitely not be in that
category.
<<<<

Howbout dpkg? essential? you gonna tell the author what language he can
write it in? By that definition, packaging is not necessary and nor are
package tools of any kind. So they get aced off the floppy, to be downloaded?

Please get real... and think in terms of what is essential TO INSTALL
DEBIAN, and to install it in the absense of any other operating system
on the target machine.

"Oh, I forgot that dpkg is essential to install debian packages"
(-Hyp O. Thetical)

Ya think??

-Jim