Re: Perl essential ?

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 09:38:40PM -0800, vulture@aoi.dyndns.org wrote:
> Holy [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted]!!! Maybe it'd be wise to
> email some perl developers about this. I think there's some other
> utilities that compile perl code, by the way (perl2c or something like
> that).

Don't worry, they already know that perlcc is a bloated mess.  The
current thinking is that the perl compiler infrastructure will be used
to translate Perl5 -> Perl6, which will have a cleaner syntax, better
compiler, etc.  Of course Perl6 is in the early design stages (at best),
so don't expect this for Christmas.  ;-)

--
May the best description of competition prevail.
      (via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank)