Re: GPG keyring SCC

On Thu, 01 Mar 2001, Taral wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 11:26:38PM +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
> > this I find very interesting.
> > I always thought, that things like this would be very
> > userful features for a keyserver.  So one could
> > answer questions like: could I find a path from my key
> > to another key by just importing keys from the keyserver?
>
> That is possible. If there's interest, I'll do some path analysis on the
> data.

I fondly recall the AT&T path server, it was QUITE useful for such things
(and it had the entire global keyring in its bowels, too).

> Besides that 93 key SCC, there is a single 3-key SCC and five 2-key
> SCC's. I didn't consider them worth including, since they're so small. I

They might be worth including because there might be geographic significance
for those SCCs.

> Note that this is based on /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg, which
> may or may not be up-to-date.

It's so outdated, it isn't funny. If you can't fetch the updated one in
keyrings.debian.org (requires debian account), I can send the file to you
(if you want it, that is).

  Henrique Holschuh