Re: RFC: upstream URLs / packages.d.o / .dsc files

On Mar 01, Yann Dirson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 05:30:04PM +0100, Roland Mas wrote:
> > We could use the URL provided in the copyright file, and either:
>
> That would require to open the debs, and would really raise the
> necessary CPU power, I guess.

A number of packages already provide upstream URLs in their
Description fields.  Maybe we should just codify this in policy as a
recommendation (MAY or something)...

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Doctoral Student, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5949