Re: RFC: upstream URLs / packages.d.o / .dsc files

Yann Dirson (2001-03-01 16:52:36 +0100) :

> I was thinking about adding a URL field to the .dsc files.  This
> should add only the minimum of data (no duplication among arches).
>
> Does this look OK to everyone ?

We could use the URL provided in the copyright file, and either:

- create a policy on its place and form (or move it into a
control-file pseudo-header), or

- use whatever looks like an URL in the copyright file (possibly
multiple) while filtering out some well-known URLs such as the
official GPL page link or whatever if need be.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

In every life you got some trouble, when you worry you make it double.
  -- in Don't worry, be happy (Bobby McFerrin)