Re: Avifile 0.6 version available

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:15:33PM +0100, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
Hello everyone.

deb http://master.debian.org/~kabi/ woody main

Is the place for current latest compilation of avifile
for todays (2001/02/12) CVS snapshost.

http://master.debian.org/~kabi/avi-0.6-2/

This is the place for all packages & building & sources & diff files.

If anyone finds any bug in packaging or is missing something
please let me.

Latest codecs are available at divx.euro.ru
You could put them here /usr/lib/win32/
Or you could use WIN32_PATH shell variable for specification of the path
For this version I've renamed libaviplay to libavifile package for
consistency.

------
These packages have been upload to incomming, however they still
contain the bug I don't know how to solve (I even don't know if
this is a bug of avifile or maybe lintian is doing the check too
drastic.)

The problem seem to be that libaviplay contains this section
in its objdump  'rel.text'.

As I don't know what is wrong with this and as some other
shared libraries already contains this in their code (like SDL libraries)
I've turned off the check for this problem.
But if anyone know what could be the reason for this please let me know.

bye

--
             There are three types of people in the world:
               those who can count, and those who can't.