Re: Changes to the New Maintainer (NM) system

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 03:55:21PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> I can't say this anymore without also volunteering to recommend them.
> I would have to say, sorry, you can not become a developer without a
> recommendation, and I can't recommend you because my browser is broken,
> or because I am travelling and have just email access. Or because I am
> just too busy. Or because I don't have access to my gpg key where I am
> currently.

Yeah, you'd have to wait a couple of days till you were able to do it.
It's no big deal IMO.

> This is just one more step to close up Debian. You not only need the
> motivation to enter, but also the qualification. Now, you also need the
> blessing of someone else.

It would take several hundreds of steps as small as this one to close up
Debian, really. :)

This thing is yet another addition to the list of things people need to do,
true. However, the way I see it, the underlying point is that it encourages
communication between `old' and new developers. That is a Good Thing[TM].