Re: Changes to the New Maintainer (NM) system

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 01:27:47PM -0200, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> Well, that should not take too much time, I hope. I am one who will probably
> have more workload because of that (as there are very few .br developers and
> I am one of them, so people in .br will tend to ask us for recommendation).

Well, that's not how I read it.  If the prospective developer is already
working with someone else in Debian (e.g. a sponsor for their package, who
is not necessarily someone in .br) then the developer to go to for a
recommendation will be the one they are already involved with.  In other
words, nobody new is involved in the process.  All that seems to be
required is a few minutes of the developer's time to decide if the
applicant is "serious" (which, if they are doing actual work for the
project should be practically self-evident), visit the web page and sign
the email.  Doesn't sound too onerous to me.

Ben