Re: Changes and an other question.

* Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org> [20010208 16:32]:
> Ok, but all new nm:s have to be advocated from now?

Yes.

> If I know someone (yes I do) that wants to be a developer and who
> have been working a lot with debian (created some packages but never
> officially). Can I speed up the process?

Yes, and no.  You can make sure that he is well prepared for the
process: e.g. you can check if his packages are well done and upload
them to unstable, sign his GPG key if you meet him in person, etc.

> Do I have to become an AM myself, and how do I become one. I can not
> find that information on the web-pages.

You can become an AM but NM applications are on a first come, first
served basis.  So you can influence the speed of an AM assignment
by processing NMs who were in the queue first...

You become an AM by volunteering at new-maintainer@debian.org

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com