Re: Xinerama and gnome-control-center problems?

On 2/6/2001 13:25, Hamish Moffatt at hamish@debian.org wrote:

> Like I said, couldn't these programs both be refusing to stretch the
> image? Unless your image is actually 2048x768 (or whatever), it
> would have to be stretched without maintaining the aspect ratio
> to fill the screen.

That particular background is 2560x1024 so it doesn't need to stretch. But
even the ones I want to stretch are not, but are "tiled" in a way.

> Try some of xv's root modes instead? From memory a simple
> 'xv -root <file> -quit' will centre the image in the root window.

I'll try this momentarily. I'm in the middle of recompiling DRI code with
the new MGA driver code I have for beta testing. Will see what happens.

--
Carl B. Constantine             (carl@os-s.com)    Phone: 250.953.2650
Open Source Solutions Inc.                           Fax: 250.953.2659

 Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!