Re: Xinerama and gnome-control-center problems?

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 01:17:21PM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> > Are you sure that it's not just tiling it, to avoid stretching it?
>
> I'm not sure what is going on. I installed Enlightenment today and told
> gnome not to set the background, instead used E. Same problem:
>
> http://www.pobox.com/~duckwing/xinerama3.jpg
>
> Not sure what's up. It's a bug somewhere but not sure where. It must be in X
> or the MGA Driver code or something. Not sure. I have some new MGA code that
> I need to try so I'll do that and see if it still happens.

Like I said, couldn't these programs both be refusing to stretch the
image? Unless your image is actually 2048x768 (or whatever), it
would have to be stretched without maintaining the aspect ratio
to fill the screen.

Try some of xv's root modes instead? From memory a simple
'xv -root <file> -quit' will centre the image in the root window.

Hamish