Re: RFC: mingw32 cross compiler in Debian

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 09:27:39PM -0800, Bradley Bell wrote:
> I think gcc and friends can cope with putting it wherever you like, just use
> the appropriate --prefix (perhaps /usr/share/<target>), but the --exec-prefix
> should still be /usr.

hmm..  I will give it a try, but it was my initial thought that doing it that
way would also move some things we didn't want to move out of /usr too, not
just the target specific stuff it puts in ${prefix}/i386-mingw32

I could find no example of anyone doing this with any of the other packaged
compilers, or anywhere else for that matter..  There is a thread on -policy
and in #33251 about it though.

> I'd say go ahead and do it.  My cygwin stuff, which can be found here:
> http://people.debian.org/~btb/cygwin/
> does not yet build with debian's gcc source package, and I haven't had much
> luck with -mno-cygwin yet anyway.

Ok, thanks.  I'll try and get a package into incoming later today.

  Ron