Re: ViewCVS access now available for standard (was: Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian)

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I've been updating the repository about once per day.  I just recently finished
> automating the process, and the repository now contains 156 (package,version)
> pairs for 142 packages.
>
> I have put the repository up for viewing with viewcvs here:
>
> http://alcor.ddts.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/debian/?cvsroot=Debian-test

One thing I do in my repository is use the debian changelog entry as the
commit message for the new version of the package. This does have the
potential to bloat the repository, especially if the changelog entry is
long, since it will be duplicated in every file that was modified for
that revision. But it makes for much more interesting browsing of the
cvs repository, without having to reference the changelog to figure out
what every change was. Just something you might want to consider.

For comparison, http://cvs.kitenet.net/joey-cvs/public/packages

--
see shy jo