Re: RFC: mingw32 cross compiler in Debian

Hi Ron,

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Ron wrote:

> I'm currently packaging such a beast (Linux -> Doze cross compiler)
> (to cut a long story short, for reasons related to giving lost souls
> a path out of hell..)

> The big question then is whether or not we should have it in the archive.
> It's DFSG free (a gcc port), more info at www.mingw32.org.

> Opinions?

I would use it.  I occasionally have to compile for various archs/platforms,
and it would be great if I could do most of this work from a single (Debian)
development box.  gnu/win32 is second only to mips (where compiles take
forever) as a platform where I'd like to do my development/building on
something *other* than a native machine. :)

Plus, cross-compilers are just nice to have, and I wish they were better
supported in general...

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer