Re: Packages and signatures

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 08:44:50AM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> > I think we should add a sane ipchains config to the developers
> > reference so that developer machines are save from network attacks. Here
> > is what I have but I am not entirely sure it is safe:
>

> You're aware that ipchains has been obsoleted in 2.4.x by netfilter,
> right?

That doesn't buy me anything since the server is running potato and I
want it to stay that way. Even if 2.4.0 were fully supported by potato
I won't use it since my experience told me not to trust any stable
kernel before patch level 5. Of course I will upgrade my workstation
as soon as I have some time for that but for now I want to update
some packages first...

cu
	Torsten