Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian

On 01-Feb-01, 11:52 (CST), Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
> In Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:41:29 +0000 Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> cum veritate scripsit :
>
> One catch would be the fact that this would cause an overhead
> for the maintainers for the packages moved to cvs in terms of network load.

Uhh, I'd be extremely un-enthusaistic about moving my Debian CVS
repository off my machine:

1. Flaky access.

2. Loss of accurate history. Cvs-inject will get all the actual releases
into the repository, but intermediate versions and branches will be
lost, as will comments.

I could probably deal with (1) if I could just tar up my archive and
have put in the central one.

All in all I'd rather just set up anonymous read-only access to my archive...

Or would cvsup be useful here, so the central server could synchronize
with mine?

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read