Re: package pool and big Packages.gz file

    Goswin> URL?

<URL:http://linuxcare.com.au/projects/rproxy/>

The documentation seems very comprehensive, but I am not sure when it
was last updated.

    Goswin> Sounds more like encapsulation of an rsync similar
    Goswin> protocol in html, but its hard to tell from the few words
    Goswin> you write. Could be intresting though.

errr... I think you mean http, not html.

    Goswin> Anyway, it will not resolve the problem with compressed
    Goswin> files if its just like rsync.

True; however, I was thinking more in the context of Packages
and other uncompressed files. It would be good though if these
issues regarding deb packages could be resolved.

Then again, perhaps I was a bit blunt with that statement on rsync,
rsync still will always have its uses, eg. copying private data.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>