Re: package pool and big Packages.gz file

     > hi, [i'm not sure if this has been resolved, lart me if you
     > like.]

     > my proposal to resolve big Packages.gz is through package pool
     > system.

Whats the problem with a big Packages file?

If you don't want to download it again and again just because of small
changes I have a better solution for you:

rsync

apt-get update could rsync all Packages files (yes, not the .gz once)
and thereby download only changed parts. On uncompressed files rsync
is very effective and the changes can be compressed for the actual
transfer. So on upload you will pratically get a diff.gz to your old
Packages file.

If that suits your needs, feel free to write a bugreport on apt about
this.

MfG
        Goswin