Re: package pool and big Packages.gz file

Previously Sami Haahtinen wrote:
> this would bring us to, apt renaming the old deb (if there is one) to the
> name of the new package and rsync those. and we would save some time once
> again...

There is a --fuzzy-names patch for rsync that makes rsync do that itself.

> Or, can rsync sync binary files?

Yes.

> hmm.. this sounds like something worth implementing..

Don't bother, it's been done already. Ask Rusty for details.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |