Re: package pool and big Packages.gz file

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 11:19:25PM +0100, Petr Cech wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 06:07:20AM +0800 , zhaoway wrote:
> > then, apt-get update will do nothing,
> > apt-get install some.deb will first download some.pkg-gz, then check its dependency,
> > then grab them.pkg-gz all, then install.
>
> but it will immensly restrict it's view on dependencies - think about
> virtual packages. This is really not the way. Maybe spliting by as in pool/
> so you only download changed part of the whole thing. But that's about it.
> Maybe you can leave some part out, but ..

virtual package is weird here. ;-)
but could be resolve by a some-virtula.pkg-gz ;-)

and the tree view of dependency tree, like in console-apt, that means,
[see my another semi-final mail.. ;-)] in general, if you wanna an tree-view
of the whole tree, you will need to download the whole tree anyway, and my
approach won't prevent you do that. ;-)

kinda regards,
zw