Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On 03-Jan-01, 22:53 (CST), John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> > I didn't say there was.  Does "Mail-Copies-To:" begin with an X?
>
> RFC 822 this time:
>
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc822.html
>
> and Mail-Copies-To: fails to rear it's ugly head, so really should be
> under user-defined fields, which are supposed to be X-

Uh, there have been headers added since 822.

> > Why should I, when it would be no different from my From: header?
>
> It would be in your case:

> would avoid the unnecessary CCs, which is what I assume you want to do.

Wrong. This would break my MUA so that "reply" no longer sends mail back
to the originator, as it is supposed to do.

> The difference between pine and mutt is that you KNOW the overflows in
> pine....mutt allegedly shares code with pine...

Extremely unlikely, as it originated from elm.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read