Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

[ D-Man writes ]
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 02:30:39PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> > Funny, you just did exactly that. If your mailreader was better, you would
> > have a better functioning group-reply.
>
> Umm, no I wasn't complaining about my mailreader, but one that I don't
> use now.  I solved the problem by getting a better one.
> No matter how easy it is to see the headers, you can't easily tell the
> MUA that you want to insert a particular address unless you have first
> added it to your address book.

Unless of course, you are using a "beter mailreader", that doesnt requires
you to add addresses to an "address book" before sending someone email.

Why follow your own advice, and get yet another "better mailreader", hmmm?

Maybe the fact is that there IS NO "best" mailreader for everyone, and
mailing lists should do their best to accommodate as many as possible.

Which is why other mailing lists use reply-to.