Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 06:16:17AM -0800, Jim Lynch wrote:
> If you want to advocate the use of unstable software, please be my
> guest... but not on #debian. it changes daily, and can potentially
> break every day, potentially disasterously. So -no-. It's NOT
> appropriate to tell people to run servers on unstable software.

if i ever happen to be on #debian and someone has a problem where the
best solution is to upgrade to unstable (either a full dist-upgrade or
just selected packages) then i certainly will recommend exactly that.

it is *always* appropriate to provide a good solution to a problem -
whether it accords with your opinion or not.

> On the other hand... if you want to -pay- me to take the support load
> for a limited period of time, I'll open the door, for a limited period
> of time. I'm a volunteer there, you already know what a volunteer is
> if you have anything at all to do with debian.

there's no need to be so pompous and pretentious. you're just another
volunteer, not the Thought Police.

craig

--
craig sanders