Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

phil@bolthole.com (Philip Brown) writes:
> I guess YOUR mailreader is "too old or disfunctional to be worth
> discussing"
>
> I did not request you to Cc me.
> But you replied to the list AND me.

Because that is the most useful action for mail followups in the absence
of other information.  If you (or the mailling list software) had added
appropriate headers, my followup would have gone to the list only.

For instance, if I followup to any of Branden Robinson's posts, they go
to the list only.

> The issue is how to simplify a default action of
> "reply to the list, and ONLY the list"

And the answer is to add headers that make (reasonable) MUAs do
followups to the list only, *without* disabling the correct operation of
a `reply to sender' command.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche