Re: POSIX regular expressions (was: autodetecting MBR location)

*  (Colin Watson)

| >For a non-POSIX regex, that is.
|
| Could you point me to some documentation about this? regex(7) claims to
| describe POSIX 1003.2 regular expressions, and describes leftmost-first
| behaviour.

Hmm.  Strange.  Mastering Regular Expressions by O'Reilly has
something about this, where they claim otherwise.  I don't have the
POSIX specification so I can check myself, though.

| So is there no correct POSIX regex library in Debian?

No, not if MRE is right.  Which I suppose it is, but am not 100% sure
of, as I haven't read the specs.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.