Re: ITP: ttf-xtt, xfonts-xtt

>> ISHIKAWA Mutsumi schrieb:
>> >  So, I want to separate TrueType fonts and meta datas such that
>> > fonts.scale and fonts.alias included in xfonts-xtt-*.
>>
>> C'mon, it wont do any harm to ppl who are using LaTeX but not
>> X11 if they have fonts.scale and fonts.alias installed but
>> unused. They are not larger than 100k, are they?

 Yes, they are. xfonts-xtt-* packages are very small.
 And perhaps tfm files will be small too.
 So, if will not inclease meta data files (for other parpus),
these size are no problem, I think too.

 But one more reasen I think better to separate these packages.
ttf-xtt-* includes Japanese TrueType fonts, they are big. these
packages are about 1.4Mbytes each.

 For example, if ttf-xtt-* includes meta datas(fonts.alias,
fonts.scale, tfm and so on) and when only fonts.alias update and
upload. A user would download ttf-xtt-* package (include other files,
they are not updated), if the user use the package only for TeX (not
using for X).This update perhaps would not need the user.

--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>, <ishikawa@debian.org>, <ishikawa@redhat.com>