Re: finishing up the /usr/share/doc transition

Ben Collins wrote:
> We just need a script/program that sanely does this transition, then
> creates the /usr/doc -> share/doc symlink.

No, we don't *need* any script to do this. One thing is that dpkg
allows this to be done and another different one is that we *have* to
do it. We agreed to make the transition on a per package basis. If we
consider the transition almost finished and we want an empty /usr/doc
we have just to *stop* requiring symlinks in maintainer scripts (which
is something that we would do sooner or later). Once we stop making
symlinks in /usr/doc, this directory will be emptied by itself,
cleanly, and without risking the integrity of the system by complex
scripts.