Re: Linux Progress Patch for Debian available!

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 02:42:25PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> > AFAIK there is a problem with this patch since some of the copyright
> > messages of the drivers are not displayed anymore. since some of them
> > require the Copyright announcement, this is a violation of the license. As
> > far as I know that was the reason for not putting that patch into the
> > kernel, long ago.
>
> Can you show me an example of such a license?

And not to be pedantic or anything, but how are these Copyright
announcements handled on a machine that boots headless? I would think
that would be just the same violation of the license.

-- Ferret

Who recalls a cddb access program designed for blind people where
cddb.com DENIED a certification because the program couldn't display a
graphical logo where the blind people could see it.