Re: at least 260 packages broken on arm, powerpc and s390 due to wrong assumption on char signedness

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 04:52:58PM +0100, Gerhard Tonn wrote:
> On Saturday 29 December 2001 11:59, you wrote:
> > * Gerhard Tonn <GerhardTonn@swol.de> [20011229 11:23]:
> > > I have changed my mind and will write semi-automatically a bug
> > > report for each of the packages with severity grave.
> >
> > Don't do this.
>
> That's fine with me. I don't see what it helps though except that the
> problems don't appear in the list of release critical bugs.

Auto-filing grave bugs is a problem because we're having a hard enough
time releasing woody as it is.

Alternatively put, arm and powerpc have had this problem for some time,
so I'd hope that users of those architectures would have filed bugs
about real problems caused by this type of code.