Re: at least 260 packages broken on arm, powerpc and s390 due to wrong assumption on char signedness

>> A solution is to declare the datatype explicitly as signed char or compile
>> using the option -fsigned-char.

>Compiling with -fsigned-char, though it works, is not the "right"
>solution.  It's better to fix the bug in the code.

I agree. As soon as a source is compiled with -fsigned-char and contains a
function which calls a function _not_ compiled with -fsigned-char passing a
char, this approach doesn't work.

Btw., I did the grep on a local copy of the build logs. If you don't find the
log of your package at http://buildd.debian.org/ let me know and I will you
send an excerpt of the log.

Regards,
Gerhard