Re: at least 260 packages broken on arm, powerpc and s390 due to wrong assumption on char signedness

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 02:37:33PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 14:08, Gerhard Tonn wrote:
> > A solution is to declare the datatype explicitly as signed char or compile
> > using the option -fsigned-char.
>
> Compiling with -fsigned-char, though it works, is not the "right"
> solution.  It's better to fix the bug in the code.

Right, eg yardradius incorrectly assumes that getopt() returns a char
instead of an int (grunt!). So, that warning could be the symptom of another
kind of error, as in that case. I'll complain with my upstream tomorrow
morning for this, when I'll see him... in the bath, in front to the mirror :(

--
Francesco P. Lovergine