XSB Prolog, a Logic Programming and Deductive Database system

Hello all,

I'm interested in becoming a Debian developer + package maintainer. I'm
about to package XSB Prolog 2.4 from xsb.sourceforge.net (LGPL License).
I queried the packages database and noticed that there are already two
Prologs: GNU and SWI. XSB adds certain features that are not present in
other prolog systems:
 - memoization (tabling) that prevents a left-recursive rule to go into
an infinite loop
 - evaluation of rules that include stratified negation, without going
into an infinite loop.

This is the first debian package I'll attempt to built. Should I send an
ITP request to the BTS bot?

Thanks for any help,
-Kristis