Re: Quake 2 sources GPL'd

In Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:51:17 -0500 David cum veritate scripsit :

> But yeah, I see your point. I think in my mind the big difference is in
> probability. Look at Lyx. It's in contrib because it requires libforms.
> Upstream isn't interesting in rewriting it to not use libforms, and I
> don't see any volounteers to come up with something a la lesstif.

Are you sure lyx isn't being ported to other than libforms?

> But with Quake2, you can be pretty damned sure that there will be at
> least dozens of people coming up with fully Free stuff that can be used
> as quake2-data.

No, we still don't have free doom data yet.
Check out freedoom, last time I've checked, they were progressing
pretty firmly.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4