Re: Quake 2 sources GPL'd

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 10:10:14AM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> I have sarien, a interpreter for old Sierra games, in contrib because
> I havn't found any games I could distribute in main. Should that be
> moved to main?

No. Free programs that require data which is not freely available
belong in contrib. When free data exists, the program can move
to main. The possibility of free data is not enough. This applies
particularly to emulators.

Regarding packaging the Quake sources for educational benefit;
is that really of any benefit? This could lead to the
lets-package-everything debate again. Has the Finnish
constituition been packaged yet?

Hamish