Re: mobo recommendations for building a cheap X-Terminal

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 05:59:00PM +0100, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Lance Heller (lheller@ttsi-tul.com):
> > To:  debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: mobo recommendations for building a cheap X-Terminal
> > Cc:
> Your mailer is broken. These headers shouldn't be part of the body.

It is not, and they can be.

From a security point of view, it can make sense to include headers in
the signed or encrypted part of the mail, because

* you can encrypt the subject line of an encrypted mail

* you get protection against replay attacks; if a signed message is
intercepted and then delivered to someone else, then that person will
see a valid signature, but they may not realize that they were not the
intended recipient. E.g. imagine someone signing a single-line mail
saying "I agree to the terms of the contract we talked about"...

These in-message headers should really, really be supported by
RFC2015-compliant mailers!

Cheers,

  Richard

--