Re: gpm for left-handed peopleTo: debian-devel

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 02:18:29PM +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 07:40:33AM -0500, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> > You want to add '-B 321' to the 'append' variable.
> >
> > Zephaniah E. Hull.
> > Debian GPM Maintainer.
> > (A south paw.)
>
> OK, but this doesn't solve the system-wide vs. local problem I have:
>
> What if I want to have gpm configured on a per-user basis ?
> Documentation doesn't mention any $HOME/* config file.

but _how_ could gpm possibly know about users?
It just knows about console, it runs as root, it only
copies chars to/from console. You can even copy/paste into
console where there is nobody logged in.
OTOH, libgpm _could_ know about users, but I doubt it does.