Re: hfs_rwarg_t

root <ngustavson@emacinc.com> writes:

> Does anyone know what an hfs_rwarg_t is?

Sounds like something from the HFS filesystem.

> I have been grepping through my kernel source (2.4.14) to find out the
> what a size_t is typedef as. Turns out it's a hfs_rwarg_t, but nothing
> is typedef to it.

Are you sure about that?  It is far more likely that hfs_rwarg_t
is defined as a size_t.

size_t is defined by the compiler in its headers.  For GCC, you
can find these headers defined as files under
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/.../include.

size_t is an unsigned type, typically `unsigned' or `unsigned long'.

> Every time I try to do anything to the count field(the size_t) I cause a
> seg fault. Even passing a constant 1 the copy_to_user function seems to
> cause a seg fault.
> But if I just pass count to copy_to_user it works fine.

I doubt that the exact definition of size_t is contributing to
your problem.

debian-devel isn't really the right place to ask kernel
questions.  Try linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org.
--
"GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems,
 only some of them."