hfs_rwarg_t

Does anyone know what an hfs_rwarg_t is?

I have been grepping through my kernel source (2.4.14) to find out the
what a size_t is typedef as. Turns out it's a hfs_rwarg_t, but nothing
is typedef to it.

The reason I am so concerned about this is I am working on a driver that
uses copy_to_user in it's read function.

Every time I try to do anything to the count field(the size_t) I cause a
seg fault. Even passing a constant 1 the copy_to_user function seems to
cause a seg fault.
But if I just pass count to copy_to_user it works fine.

If this is a reference that kind of makes sense,
hence what is a hfs_rwarg_t.