Re: Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queueforwoody?)

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 09:04:29AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>   You know what? I had a very good laugh when I read your explainations.
>   Why all these testing reports have to be cryptic like this? No
> surprise
>   that some people are still confused with them.
>   We could have easily avoided the need for a FAQ with more
> explainations
>   within testing reports at the very begining, really.

Because AJT is a busy man who already gives far more time to Debian
than anyone has a right to expect. (And order of magnitude more than
me, for example) And that's where the rest of us come in.  I'm putting
together a FAQ to explain these things, and with the help of
intelligent observers like Adrian we can get it worked out for
everyone's benefit.

In short: AJT doesn't have time to document.  So someone else should
document, and that's what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for all the helpful comments, people; I'll update the FAQ with
them shortly.

Jules