Re: re-asked papersize

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 09:26:49PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >     Preconfiguring packages ...
> >     Paper Size Configuration
> >
> >     Which papersize should be the default? [2]
> >
> > But I already configured this, years ago:
> >
> > I shouldn't be asked again.
>
> This belongs to libpaperg.
>
> But I'm wondering why this happens because the postinst of libpaperg
> contains the following to avoid exactly this problem:
>
>   if [ ! -e /etc/papersize ]; then
>   fi

I remember seeing the same debconf prompt at one point, despite the fact the
machine has had it configured since the initial installation.

Are you perhaps asking the question from the debconf config script, without
the test for existence of the file? Just a wild guess...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.