"see /usr/doc/<package>/changelog.Debian.gz" broken

Hello,

For some time now, the "see" command has no longer had a default
viewer defined on my machine. It used to default to "less", which was
the Right Thing because you could read README.gz, changelog.Debian.gz
etc.

But now I only get an error:
    Warning: unknown mime-type for file '/usr/doc/<package>/changelog.Debian.gz' -- using '*/*'
    Error: no mailcap rule for action 'view' for type '*/*'

The mime-support changelog does not contain any entry about a
corresponding change to /etc/mailcap. Anyway, the version in testing
was uploaded on Aug 9, but I've only had this problem for the last few
weeks.

So whose bug is this, or would some people argue that it's no bug at
all?

All the best,

  Richard

--