Re: Making mutt more friendly towards site customizations

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 06:46:59PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:

> > the point is that needless manual labour is required to accomodate
> > the changes even though a very simple way exists to avoid this, if
> > only the maintainer would implement it.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure about the "manual" thing:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> if ! grep ^source /etc/Muttrc > /dev/null ; then
>   echo source /etc/Muttrc.local >> /etc/Muttrc
> fi

Yes, well, but you'd have to do this on each computer separately. It's much
more straightforward to do it in the package itself.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about manually installing the fix (which may not
occur to all users), but manually merging configuration changes.

(BTW, the following code would probably be better:

grep -q '^source /etc/Muttrc.local' /etc/Muttrc \
	|| echo 'source /etc/Muttrc.local' >> /etc/Muttrc

but never mind, I'm just picking nits :).

Anyway, I'd be willing to make the necessary modifications to the mutt
package and supply a patch, but I'm not keen on wasting the effort, so I'd
rather not start before Marco says he'd at least consider accepting it.

Andrew

--
            Andrew Korn (Korn Andras) <korn@chardonnay.math.bme.hu>
             Finger korn@chardonnay.math.bme.hu for pgp key. QOTD: