Re: packaging pine

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> The only way that this will go away is if [...]  uw-imapd and
> uw-imapd-ssl remove their Suggests: pine.
>
> I think it's silly for uw-imapd to suggest pine; an IMAP server system is
> rarely used also as an IMAP client.  Anyway, there is an imap-client virtual
> package, so it is just a matter of changing pine | imap-client to
> somethingelse | imap-client.

Sure, I can do that in my next upload.

FWIW, I make unofficial .debs of pine available for potato and sid from
http://www.braincells.com/open/

My understanding is it is perfectly legal to distribute modified pine
packages as long as you stick L on the end of the version number.  Not
that I've really checked but so far UW haven't sent any goons after me.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>