Re: packaging pine

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:05:37PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > Pine cannot go into Debian, not even non-free.  It was dropped many moons
> > ago.  Search the debian-devel archives several years back if you are
> > interested in details.
>
> I really hate this kind of FUD, and nothing said in this thread since has
> repaired this dull misconception.

FUD?  Please don't go looking to pick a fight.

I merely failed to qualify myself by saying "A binary package of Pine".
I did not feel it was necessary, as I assumed the familiar meaning of
"something is in Debian (or in non-free)" is "as a binary package".
Indeed, at the time I wrote the above I had first looked for pine-src
to see if I could at least direct the poster at it, as I had remembered
it being in Debian.  I found it was no longer there.  Elsewhere in this
thread it has been pointed out that pine-tracker now provides that
functionality, something that apt-cache search didn't give clear clues
about.  It was not at all obvious that pine-tracker replaces pine-src
from the name and description returned:

	pine-tracker - Tracks pine uploads.

What the hell does "Tracks pine uploads." mean?

Ben