Re: Datalink Licence Question

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 10:30:58PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Right to modify is not granted, which is against DFSG #3.

Must it explicitly be given?  I ask this not in an attempt to argue with
you, but simply to try to better understand these kinds of license
(spelled correctly this time ;) issues.

Redistribution is permitted and modification is not prohibited.  In
fact, the version I debianized is actually a modification of that
version from which this license (spelled correctly this time ;)
originates.

If it must be explicitly given, then my only options are to put it in
non-free or to contact both copyright holders and get them to agree to
change the license, correct?

> IMHO yes, it must go into non-free since this is against DFSG #6.

How would this be against #6?  Simply because one can not make money from
the actual sale of this specific software does not discriminate against
those who sell software... does it?

--
Steaphan Greene <sgreene@cs.binghamton.edu>
GPG public key: http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/~sgreene/gpg.key.txt