Re: Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queue for woody?)

Jules Bean <jules@jellybean.co.uk> writes:

> In an attempt to compile and present knowledge about the testing
> distribution, which is currently spread around those developers who
> read AJT's posts most carefully, I cautiously present:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~jules/testingfaq.html
>
> Everyone who understands testing please read, comment, suggest.

I'm missing the most important question:

  1.1  Is testing secure?

  No.  Security fixes go into unstable, and tickle into testing just
  (as slowly) as other new package versions.  Stable is secure because
  security fixes are manually backported to stable; there is as yet
  (DATE) no similar effort for testing.

At least, that is how I understand it; maybe things have changed?

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter