Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queue for woody?)

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 01:51:21PM +0100, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just studied the update excuses at
> <http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html>
> and was wondering what's holding up some of the packages
> listed there.  (Having the upcoming freeze in mind.)
>
> Except from the first 15 packages some other ones puzzle me,
> e.g. cln, cmucl, doxygen, kaffe, ncftp, ntop and more.  Is
> there anything the developers can/should do about the
> situation?

This kind of question is, not surprisingly, coming up a lot at the
moment.

In an attempt to compile and present knowledge about the testing
distribution, which is currently spread around those developers who
read AJT's posts most carefully, I cautiously present:

http://people.debian.org/~jules/testingfaq.html

Everyone who understands testing please read, comment, suggest.

Comments of the form "Your HTML sucks, you should use CSS" should be
accompanied by patches showing me how to ;-)

Jules